Re: [dm-devel] Tutorial or sample code for device mapper

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 6:25 PM, George Shuklin <george shuklin gmail com> wrote:
Good day.

I've trying to find any 'newbie' documentation for device mapper. Something like simple one-to-one IO passtrough or something like that. Any suggestion? Or, may be name of the simplest existing device-mapper based driver to research?

Thanks.

Red Hat has this:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Logical_Volume_Manager_Administration/device_mapper.html

There is also the kernel documentation tree:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=tree;f=Documentation/device-mapper;hb=HEAD

I'm curious about what others might suggest.

        --Fred