Re: [dm-devel] readonly snapshots of LVM on same machine

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 06:11:52AM +0400, George Shuklin wrote:
> If I attach a readonly snapshot of same disk as system disk, I'm getting
> message of duplicate ID (obvious, huh).  But snapshot is in readonly, so
> there is no way to rename it or change ID. Changing ID of system LVM is
> not really good idea.

All you can do then is set up filters so each cmd only sees the disks you
want it to see.

Temporarily, --config lets you do this on each cmdline.

For a permanent setup, another option is to use a separate lvm.conf by setting
LVM_SYSTEM_DIR in the environment.

Alasdair