Re: [dm-devel] Controlling the sequence of dm-* creation

Dne 28.11.2012 01:52, Lupin Deterd napsal(a):
Hi,

Is there a way to control how a dm- # devices created? e.g by udev or multipath?

Let say, I wanted to have my dm- devices created for multipath devices
to start only on dm-7 to dm-9, instead of using lower numbered
dm-[0-8] as it's been mapped to a different lun. Is this possible?

You cannot control the order of 'dm-X' devices (they are created in kernel).

Actually you should never ever use these names in userspace anywhere - since they are pretty random.

You should reference your devices via UUID or VG/LV names in case you are using lvm.

Zdenek