Re: [dm-devel] dm-mpath: do not change SCSI device handler

On Thu, 4 Apr 2013, Mike Snitzer wrote:

> I'm suggesting that switching the scsi_dh is not something that will be
> done on a system that is suffering from serious memory contention.
>
> But I think we need to get back to analyzing the scsi_dh change you
> mentioned before with tracking counts, etc.

When I look at the code, I see module_put(THIS_MODULE) in all scsi device
handlers. Moreover, there are many 'module_put(THIS_MODULE)' over the
whole kernel. It seems buggy, because when the function module_put
returns, reschedule happens, module is unloaded, the process that called
module_put(THIS_MODULE) is scheduled back again, crash happens because we
are running a code that no longer exists. Is it a bug or is there some
trick that prevents the kernel from crashing in this scenario?

Mikulas