[dm-devel] Extending DM w/ new target type

two questions:

1. I'd like to use DM with a new target type.  I'm porting our virtualized storage solution from Windows.  I've been able to register my target and get callbacks working, but in looking at the dm-raid code, I'm concerned with how tightly coupled it is with the routines in md.c (multiple devices implementation).  Is there an expectation that a DM target use the md_xxxx routines?

2. I used dmsetup to create a mapping for a device that my target controls.  Is there a way to make the underlying device (e.g. /dev/sdb) not visible to the system?  I'm paranoid about external accesses to a LUN that I'm using.

-john