Re: [dm-devel] [RFC] dm-lc: plan to go to staging

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 21:33:29 +0900, Akira Hayakawa said:

> Candidates:
> 1) logcache
> Not too long but explaining enough
> but looks little bit dull to me.

Descriptive but dull naming is a much underrated quality in software packages.

Consider the package HarfBuzz.

As my daughter put it, "Sounds like a bad coffee name".

rpm -qi harfbuzz says:
Description :
HarfBuzz is an implementation of the OpenType Layout engine.

(And don't get me started on the people who name packages enca, fros, serd,
yajl, or yaml.  We aren't using ASR-33's anymore, brevity isn't as crucial :)

dm-logcache works just fine for me as a name for this.  Or dm-lcache.