[dm-devel] dm-cache questions

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Wed Dec 11 01:03:38 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 01:04:58PM -0800, Paul B. Henson wrote:
> Ouch. Life on the bleeding edge ;). Do fixes like this get backported to
> 3.10LTS, or just to the latest mainline/stable kernel?

We send them to mainline and stable then it is up to the distributions
concerned to choose to apply them.  Sometimes it helps to give the
distribution(s) concerned a gentle prod and ask if they've noticed the
patch(es) and if/when they'll be taking them.

> Any idea when dm-cache support is going to show up in lvm2?

Various aspects of the design are being debated.  Expect to see progress
to start to appear on lvm-devel over the next few weeks.  We're
hopeful we'll have something that's beginning to be useful in January.

Alasdair