Re: [dm-devel] dm-thinp BUG at drivers/md/persistent-data/dm-btree-remove.c:188

The trace shows it's applying a 'discard' to the metadata and releasing
blocks when the problem occurs.

Right, given that the BUG trace shows active discards it could be that
v3.8 commit e808807 ("dm thin: fix race between simultaneous io and
discards to same block") may help.

(though I never saw that race manifest with the BUG in question)

I am mounting ext4 with the discard option on my dm-thinp volumes. I've turned discard off for now hoping for stable operation.

-Eric

--
Eric Wheeler
www.globallinuxsecurity.pro