[dm-devel] Multipath / iSCSI issues

Devin delldudedevin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 02:07:24 UTC 2013

I am using the iscsi tools that is included with Oracle
(iscsi-initiator-utils-6.2.0.872-13.0.1.el5).

The values I have in my iscsid.conf are:
node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout = 15
node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_timeout = 1
node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_interval = 1

{i have previously changed the settings from the values based upon some
feedback I got from a tech guy but that didn't seem to make much
difference}.

In regards to the scsi command timeout it appears to be set to 60.

# cat /sys/block/sdw/device/timeout
60

So is my thinking correct that I will want to have the SCSI devices to
timeout more quickly like 1 second versus the 60 seconds? If so where would
i make this change in regards to the disks???

Thanks much.

Devin Acosta