[dm-devel] Priozier for remote port on fibre channel devices

Andreas.Bleischwitz at continental-corporation.com Andreas.Bleischwitz at continental-corporation.com
Fri Jan 11 08:18:52 UTC 2013

Thanks for the hint, that will at least work for RHEL6+. For RHEL5 I will
use the scripted version.

The only downside on that is, that I will have a long line for the
weightedpath regex definition as this has to be for each VPLEX-port.
At least I will have reduced the need to write something on my own ;)

Best regards,

Andreas

From:   Hannes Reinecke <hare at suse.de>
To:     dm-devel at redhat.com,
Date:   11.01.2013 09:08
Subject:        Re: [dm-devel] Priozier for remote port on fibre channel
devices
Sent by:        dm-devel-bounces at redhat.com

On 01/11/2013 08:47 AM,
Andreas.Bleischwitz at continental-corporation.com wrote:
> Hello Hannes,
>
> sorry for top-posting, but crappy Notes is not really a good client
> for mailing-list - at least I don't know how to avoid such mess.
>
> The output is
>
> [root at fru3710e ~]# sg_inq /dev/sdc
> standard INQUIRY:
>    PQual=0  Device_type=0  RMB=0  version=0x04  [SPC-2]
>    [AERC=0]  [TrmTsk=0]  NormACA=1  HiSUP=1  Resp_data_format=2
>    SCCS=0  ACC=0  TPGS=0  3PC=0  Protect=0  BQue=0
>    EncServ=0  MultiP=1 (VS=1)  [MChngr=0]  [ACKREQQ=0]  Addr16=0
>    [RelAdr=0]  WBus16=0  Sync=0  Linked=0  [TranDis=0]  CmdQue=1
>    [SPI: Clocking=0x0  QAS=0  IUS=0]
>      length=193 (0xc1) Peripheral device type: disk
>   Vendor identification: EMC
>   Product identification: Invista
>   Product revision level: 5100
>   Unit serial number: CKM00xxxxxxxxx

Hehe. No alua for you (TPGS=0).
But that's EMC for you; probably you should count yourself lucky
that it's not claiming compability to SCSI-2 ...

> and well, 'weightedpath' is also available in RHEL, but only queries
> for the device name and the SCSI-address. I wanted to query the
> remote-port of the storage-device - which is the frontend wwn of the
> storage device.

Why don't you use the 'by-path' symlinks for the device name in
weightedpath?
They'll include the target port WWN, so should give you what you want.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                                    zSeries & Storage
hare at suse.de                                                   +49 911