[dm-devel] dd between thin provisioned devices

Hi,everyone

if we dd between thin provisioned devices,
can we just get allocated blocks copied ?
Will the output thin device get fully provisioned?

I glanced through the dm-thin code,
it turns out unmapped blocks return zeroed,am i right?

Is there a trick to tell upper applications that all u got are zeroes.
or should they scan zeroed blocks themselves to trigger WRITE_SAME to reduce I/O load?