[dm-devel] dm-cache warming

Hello:

I've been trying to do some performance testing for a client and can't seem to get the dm-cache warmed. The values displayed in the "dmsetup status" command seem too low. I've been trying to use the "raw" devices setup for the cache and NOT use a file system or database. I've tried sequential writes/reads to the devices (ie. dd ) and dividing up the space to be tested and do I/O over a number of segments to try to break any sequential I/O tests. Any ideas as to what I may doing wrong? Do I need to randomize the I/O?

System: RHEL 7.0 Alpha3, 3.9.7 kernel

Thanks in advance..

--
Dave Pitts             PULLMAN: Travel and sleep in safety and comfort.
dpitts cozx com