[dm-devel] Not able to create a device mapper target node

Hi,

I wrote a basic device mapper driver which caches reads.

I gave dm msg prefix as below
 #define DM_MSG_PREFIX "cacheread".

When i try to create a device mapper node using the below command
echo "0 `blockdev --getsize /dev/sda2` cacheread /dev/sda2 0" | dmsetup create cacheread

the system hangs.I am not getting any error messages.

When i try to create a device mapper node for linear target(this target is already present with the device mapper code) using below command

echo "0 `blockdev --getsize /dev/sda2` linear /dev/sda2 0" | dmsetup create linear
it succeeds and creates device node linear in /dev/mapper directory.

I am stuck with this issue and not able to proceed furthur.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Any help is truely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Monica