Re: [dm-devel] DM-Verity Tool

On 05/22/2013 01:07 PM, Marian Csontos wrote:
> On 05/21/2013 05:11 PM, pavankumar p globaledgesoft com wrote:
>> Hello Mandeep,
>>
>> I was trying to download the source code to generate the hash from the
>> following location. But looks like this is moved. Pls share the latest git
>> hub location of the source.
>> http://git.chromium.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=dm-verity.git;a=tree
>
> Hi Pavan, dm-verity is in upstream kernel tree now:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/md/dm-verity.c

I think the question was about tool to generate hash,
not the target itself.

In any case, dm-verity is in kernel and veritysetup tool is part of upstream
cryptsetup package.

Documentation to kernel dm-verity
http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/wiki/DMVerity

And some release notes info about veritysetup (see man page as well)
http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/wiki/Cryptsetup150

Milan