[dm-devel] DM-Verity Tool

pavankumar.p at globaledgesoft.com pavankumar.p at globaledgesoft.com
Wed May 22 16:00:03 UTC 2013

Thanks Marian & Mikulas,

I'm able to download & compile veritysetup. Also able to configure verity
target.

I have few queries with respect to dmsetup & veritysetup
1. What are the difference between configuring a verity target using
dmsetup & veritysetup. Can these be used interchangeably?

2. I tried passing the root hash value generated by veritysetup as a
parameter to dmsetup but this doesn't work. On doing dmsetup status, the
output is showing as the target corrupted (C). I examined dmesg & found
the following error

[22885.758996] device-mapper: verity: metadata block 62 is corrupted
[22885.759001] Buffer I/O error on device dm-1, logical block 1

3. After creating a verity target using "veritysetup" how to test the
target for corrupted case (As soon as creating the status is Verified (V))
?

Regards,
Pavan