Re: [dm-devel] dm-cache fs corruption

Hello Joe,
I can provide you with the setup to test if you want.
Problem is, 3TB cache gets filled very slowly - about 2 weeks.

regards,
Vladimir Smolensky

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Joe Thornber <thornber redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 12:24:03PM +0200, Vladimir Smolensky wrote:
> Hello,
> I've been testing dm-cache for use with static web content.
> It appears that, when using big cache ~3TB(+20TB origin dev) dm-cache
> device corrupts the filesystem after block eviction starts to happen.
> If I set smaller cache size - single 480GB ssd(again with 20TB origin dev),
> the dm-cache dev works just fine.

Hi Vladmimir,

Sorry you've been having trouble, and thanks for taking the time to
report.  I'll see if I can scrape together enough disks to reproduce
the problem, and get back to you.

- Joe