Re: [dm-devel] RFC for multipath queue_if_no_path timeout.

On Thu, 2013-10-17 at 17:13 -0400, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> Cannot say that argument wins me over but I will say that if you intend
> to take the approach to have the kernel have a timeout; please pursue
> the approach Hannes offered:
>
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2953231/
>
> It is much cleaner and if it works for your needs we can see about
> getting a tested version upstream.

Unfortunately his patch doesn't work as-is; it turns out that it tries
to set the timeout only if the target is request-based but at the time
he tries to set it the table type hasn't yet been set.

I'm looking into fixing it.
--
Frank Mayhar
310-460-4042