[dm-devel] dm-crypt parallelization patches

Mikulas Patocka mpatocka at redhat.com
Tue Sep 3 19:06:03 UTC 2013

Hi Andi

You wrote the original dm-crypt paralllelization patch (commit
c029772125594e31eb1a5ad9e0913724ed9891f2). This patch improves
parallelization, it makes data being encrypted on the same CPU that
submitted the request.

I improved that so that encryption is performed by all processors, it uses
unbound workqueue, so that any processor can do encryption. My patches
improves performance mainly when doing sequential read - your original
patch paralellized sequential read badly because most requests were
submitted by the same cpu.

I put my patch series at
http://people.redhat.com/mpatocka/patches/kernel/dm-crypt-paralelizace/current/series.html

I'd like if you could look at it and ack it for inclusion in the upstream
kernel.

Mikulas