[dm-devel] root on multipath and dracut

Hannes Reinecke hare at suse.de
Mon Feb 10 13:30:56 UTC 2014

Hi Ben,

as we're switching to dracut/systemd nowadays I've tried to setup
and enable root on multipath for this, too.

As you might've seen, I've already added proper systemd support for
multipath-tools, so it should be easy to plug it into dracut.

Or so I thought.

As it turns out, dracut is trying to add some RH-specific rules files:

40-multipath.rules
62-multipath.rules
65-multipath.rules

which have only _very_ sparse documentation.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to settle on a default set on scripts
here and include those into the multipath-tools repository?

Cheers,

Hannes
hare at suse.de			      +49 911 74053 688