[dm-devel] dm-cache for Fedora 21?

Rolf Fokkens rolf at rolffokkens.nl
Tue Jan 14 23:24:41 UTC 2014

On 01/14/2014 11:21 AM, Joe Thornber wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 01:01:58PM -0800, Paul B. Henson wrote:
>> Just out of curiosity, when do you think you will remove the experimental
>> tag? 3.14? 3.15? Or too soon yet to tell :)?
> Once I finish the dm-era work (which makes dm-cache play nicely with
> snapshots on external devices).  potentially 3.14.
This is all very promising for F21. AFAIK dm-cache can be integrated
with / applied to existing volumes / device mapper targets which would
imply that (as opposed to bcache) no migration of existing LVM volumes
to dm-cache is need. An this would also mean that there's no need to
integrate it explicitly in Anaconda, since is dm-cache can be applied
after installation. Is my understanding correct?

Rolf