Re: [dm-devel] dm-cache for Fedora 21?

On 01/14/2014 11:21 AM, Joe Thornber wrote:
On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 01:01:58PM -0800, Paul B. Henson wrote:
Just out of curiosity, when do you think you will remove the experimental
tag? 3.14? 3.15? Or too soon yet to tell :)?
Once I finish the dm-era work (which makes dm-cache play nicely with
snapshots on external devices).  potentially 3.14.
This is all very promising for F21. AFAIK dm-cache can be integrated with / applied to existing volumes / device mapper targets which would imply that (as opposed to bcache) no migration of existing LVM volumes to dm-cache is need. An this would also mean that there's no need to integrate it explicitly in Anaconda, since is dm-cache can be applied after installation. Is my understanding correct?

Rolf