[dm-devel] good dm-mpath test setup?

Hannes Reinecke hare at suse.de
Thu Jun 5 12:14:17 UTC 2014

On 06/05/2014 01:50 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> I've been looking into support blk-mq/scsi-mq in dm-mpath, but I'm
> already running into issues with mainline.  I created a couple luns
> (without second path) using iet, and then using the iscsi initiator
> to access them.  But it seems like no I/O is possible through dm-mpath
> for this simple setup as the kpartx processes spawned by udev already
> hang.  Is dm-mpath (default config, no multipath.conf) support to work
> for a single path setup, or is this expected behavior?

Hmm. This shouldn't happen.

But be aware, that multipath doesn't play well together with systemd
currently.
I've done plenty of fixes to get it up and running for SLES12; once
they've stabilized I'll be sending them mainline.

But for a stable testbed I would recommend against systemd currently.

> Does anyone have a good default iet or maybe lio config for dm-mpath
> testing?

The easiest bit would be set set up lio in loopback mode, and map
two luns pointing to the same device.

I've attached a small script I'm using for a quick test here.

Cheers,

Hannes
hare at suse.de			      +49 911 74053 688