Re: [dm-devel] good dm-mpath test setup?

On 06/05/2014 01:50 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
I've been looking into support blk-mq/scsi-mq in dm-mpath, but I'm
already running into issues with mainline.  I created a couple luns
(without second path) using iet, and then using the iscsi initiator
to access them.  But it seems like no I/O is possible through dm-mpath
for this simple setup as the kpartx processes spawned by udev already
hang.  Is dm-mpath (default config, no multipath.conf) support to work
for a single path setup, or is this expected behavior?

On a complete different footing, I've whipped together some patches to simplify the request/bio cloning when using multipath; basically do _not_ clone the bios, but just modify the rq_end_io handler.

You mentioned something at LSF that the current way of handling is quite insane, and looking at it I tend to agree.

So if you'd be interested I'll be posting them.

Cheers,

Hannes
hare suse de			      +49 911 74053 688