[dm-devel] [dm-crypt] trouble with dm-crypt and NFS: server hangs

Stephen Cousins steve.cousins at maine.edu
Thu Mar 20 22:12:37 UTC 2014

I'm getting mixed results but it is looking like ZFS have something to do
with the problem afterall.

I tried it with dm-crypt -> XFS -> NFS and I'm not seeing the same lag
issue. I say mixed results mainly because I've been using rsync to do the
testing and for some reason rsync has trouble with this setup. It works but
really slowly. Like around 3 MB/sec over a Gigabit link. If I use "cp -pR"
then it goes at 60 MB/sec. I use rsync all the time and I've never seen
this before so it took a while for me to realize that rsync was acting up.
Anyone run into this before?

I'll bring this to the ZFSonLinux people and see what they say.

Thanks,

Steve

 Orono ME 04469                      steve.cousins at maine.edu