[dm-devel] best way to detect a dm device is dm-multipath from userspace?

For a little project I'm working on I'd like to find out if a given
device node is a dm-multipath device from C code.  dm_is_dm_major tells
me if it's any DM node, but from there on it seems like I'd have to
grab the table name from dmsetup table output for which I'd need a name
for the device or similar.

Is there a good shortcut or library function for this check?