[dm-devel] if i create a new dm target type, do i need to add its init to the _inits[] and its exit to the _exits[]?

John Utz John.Utz at wdc.com
Wed May 7 04:45:11 UTC 2014

Hello;

While looking thru dm.c trying to figure out how to add new target specific errors and sense codes I came across the following arrays:

static int (*_inits[])(void) __initdata = {
        local_init,
        dm_target_init,
        dm_linear_init,
        dm_stripe_init,
        dm_io_init,
        dm_kcopyd_init,
        dm_interface_init,
        dm_statistics_init,
};

static void (*_exits[])(void) = {
        local_exit,
        dm_target_exit,
        dm_linear_exit,
        dm_stripe_exit,
        dm_io_exit,
        dm_kcopyd_exit,
        dm_interface_exit,
        dm_statistics_exit,
};

What are the rules for what goes in to these? I don't see every dm-* target listed in these and i am curious as to what are the differences between what goes into these arrays and what does not.

tnx!

johnu