[dm-devel] 3.15-rc4: circular locking dependency triggered by dm-multipath

Bart Van Assche bvanassche at acm.org
Mon May 26 14:54:43 UTC 2014

On 05/26/14 14:51, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> Or, better still, try the attached patch.
> There's one more instance where lockdep might complain.

Does anyone know whether it's safe to revert commit 4cdd2ad780 ? Anyway,
I ran a test with v3.15-rc7 + your patch + 4cdd2ad780 reverted and that
test ran fine. I didn't encounter any lockups nor any lockdep
complaints. The test I ran was to run a fio I/O verification test on top
of a dm-multipath device. That multipath device was created on top of
several SCSI device nodes created by the ib_srp driver. About once every
30 seconds a cable removal / reinsertion was simulated via the
ibportstate command.

Bart.