[dm-devel] blk-mq DM changes for 3.20 [was: Re: blk-mq request allocation stalls]X

Keith Busch keith.busch at intel.com
Thu Jan 29 23:44:38 UTC 2015

On Thu, 29 Jan 2015, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29 2015 at  5:43pm -0500,
>> One of my commits relocated the initialization, but I didn't realize it
>> had a hard dependency on the follow-on commit.  Should we reorder that
>> part of the series?
>
> Which follow on commit are you referring to?  Please be specific about
> which commits you think are out of order.
>
> Also, what are you testing... are you using the linux-dm.git tree's
> 'dm-for-3.20' branch which builds on Jens' 'for-3.20/core'?
>
> If not please test that and see if you still have problems (without the
> associated DM changes all the block preparation changes that Jens
> cherry-picked shouldn't cause any problems at all).

I'm using Jens' linux-block for-3.20/core branch. The last dm commit
is this:

  commit febf71588c2a750e04dc2a8b0824ce120c48bd9e
  Author: Keith Busch <keith.busch at intel.com>
  Date:   Fri Oct 17 17:46:35 2014 -0600

     block: require blk_rq_prep_clone() be given an initialized clone request

Looking at this again, the above was incorrect in the first place: it
initialized the original, but the intent was to initialize the clone. This
slipped by me since the next part of the series fixed it. In your linux-dm
dm-for-3.20, it's this commit:

  commit 102e38b1030e883efc022dfdc7b7e7a3de70d1c5