[dm-devel] [Lsf] Notes from the four separate IO track sessions at LSF/MM

Laurence Oberman loberman at redhat.com
Thu Apr 28 16:47:24 UTC 2016

Hello Bart, This is when we have a subset of the paths fails.
As you know the remaining path wont be used until the eh_handler is either done or is short circuited.

What I will do is set this up via my jammer and capture a test using latest upstream.

Of course my customer pain points are all in the RHEL kernels so I need to capture a recovery trace
on the latest upstream kernel.

When the SCSI commands for a path are black-holed and remain that way, even with eh_deadline and the short circuited adapter resets
we simply try again and get back in the wait loop until we finally declare the device offline.

This can take a while and differs depending on Qlogic, Emulex or fnic etc.

First thing tomorrow will set this up and show you what I mean.

Thanks!!

Laurence Oberman
Principal Software Maintenance Engineer
Red Hat Global Support Services