[dm-devel] How to filter local disks that should not be managed by multipathd?

Xieyingtai xieyingtai at huawei.com
Mon Jul 18 11:59:42 UTC 2016

Hi,
   Recently I encountered a problem, In certain scenarios that a new local disk was hot plugged, I have no way
to obtain the wwn of the disk in advance, so I can not filter that disk by adding it to blacklists. Actually there
is no need for multipathd to  take over local disks in the hot-plugged sceno. And find_multipaths param seems not to be
a perfect way to solve this problem. Is there any way to  provide a param in /etc/multipath.conf for mulitpathd to manage
only ISCSI or FC bus disks? In that configuration, path_discovery() will only scan devices which were underline ISCSI bus
or FC bus in sysfs.

Thanks.