[dm-devel] [Question] udev ID_UID attribute ???

Mike Christie mchristi at redhat.com
Fri Jul 8 15:52:51 UTC 2016

On 07/07/2016 04:21 PM, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> Is "ID_UID" really valid?
>
> libmultipath/hwtable.c:         .uid_attribute = "ID_UID",

I was wondering the same thing. For ceph rbd, we do not have the normal
scsi serial/wwn values, so I am modifying our udev rule to export ID_UID.

I made the ID_UID, the values we use for the udev (/dev/rbd) name which
is the pool name (basically just a grouping of storage) plus the image
name (basically name of a disk created in a pool).