[dm-devel] System freezes after OOM

Mikulas Patocka mpatocka at redhat.com
Fri Jul 15 11:21:59 UTC 2016

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016, David Rientjes wrote:

> There is no guarantee that _anything_ can return memory to the mempool,

You misunderstand mempools if you make such claims.

There is in fact guarantee that objects will be returned to mempool. In
the past I reviewed device mapper thoroughly to make sure that it can make
forward progress even if there is no available memory.

I don't know what should I tell you if you keep on repeating the same
false claim over and over again. Should I explain mempool oprerations to
you in detail? Or will you find it on your own?

Mikulas