[dm-devel] dm-zoned: Fix overflow in exposed capacity

Damien Le Moal damien.lemoal at wdc.com
Fri Jun 9 14:41:04 UTC 2017

Mike,

On 6/9/17 21:03, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> I've switched from .presuspend to .postsuspend, and eliminated the
> .presuspend_undo
>
> I'm not seeing any reason for .presuspend_undo
>
> See dm-cache-target.c for a .postsuspend that is pretty comparable to
> what dm-zoned's is doing.
>
> As for .presuspend_undo, dm-thinp has a need for it but most target do
> not.  And I'm not seeing why dm-zoned needs it.

Thanks for the pointer. I looked at dm-thin for examples, but that was
not the best one. I will study all these methods more.

> I've pushed to linux-dm.git's 'for-next' to get more test coverage;
> doesn't mean that I consider dm-zoned's review complete.

Thank you. Let me know if you see anything not satisfying. I will keep
testing on my side to make sure there are no obvious problems remaining.
We are also finishing a set of test case for blktests for the dm zoned
block device series. Will be submitting that soon.

Best regards.

--
Damien Le Moal
Western Digital Research