[dm-devel] Dm-flakey Module

Sotirios-Efstathios Maneas smaneas at cs.toronto.edu
Mon Aug 13 00:54:49 UTC 2018

Dear developers,

My name is Stathis Maneas and currently, I am graduate student at the University of Toronto, conducting research on systems' reliability.

Based on the source code of dm-flakey (as found in the latest version of the Linux kernel), if I may, I would like to kindly clarify an implementation detail
regarding the flakey_map() function. Specifically, I would like to find out what's the difference between simply returning DM_MAPIO_KILL against returning
DM_MAPIO_SUBMITTED after invoking bio_io_error(bio).

Thanks a lot in advance and I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,
Stathis Maneas