[dm-devel] dm-thin: Several Questions on dm-thin performance.

Joe Thornber thornber at redhat.com
Tue Dec 3 12:51:15 UTC 2019

On Mon, Dec 02, 2019 at 10:26:00PM +0000, Eric Wheeler wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> I'm not sure if I will have the time but thought I would start the
> research and ask a few questions. I looked at the v1/v2 .h files and some
> of the functions just change suffix to _v2 and maybe calling
> convention/structure field changes.
>
> However, there appear to be some design changes, too:

Yes, the interface is different, and it's really not trivial to switch dm-thin
over to use it (otherwise I'd have done it already).  dm-cache already uses
the new interface which could be used as a guide, especially if you look at the patches
that made the switch.

I'm going to write up some notes over the next couple of days.  Which I'll post on this thread.

- Joe