Re: Booting from RedHat 7.2 cdrom problem

Warren Togami wrote:

> Eltorito booting of CD's emulates a floppy device.  Is your floppy device
> activated in your BIOS?  This sometimes makes a difference when trying to
> boot CD's.  It is generally safe to enable the floppy device even if you
> don't have a floppy drive, just disable "Boot up floppy seek" in your BIOS.

I sure my problem is that my BIOS don't handle 2.88Mo floppy disk.
I made a custom iso that contains the files from the first iso but I
used "images/boot.img" as the "El Torito" boot image, instead of the
default "dosutils/autoboot/cdboot.img", the difference is that
"boot.img" is only 1.44Mo while "cdboot.img" is 2.88Mo.
And now I can boot directly from this custom CD ... I tested the rescue
mode and it works, so I'll try the install part later ...