Re: DVD Player

On Sunday 28 October 2001 05:24 am, you wrote:
> Once upon a time, Daniel T. Drea wrote :
> > On Saturday 27 October 2001 11:07 pm, you wrote:
> > >   This morning someone posted a statement about an excellent DVD
> > > player. I located this morning but unable to locate to try
> > > tonight. ZINE?? was the name?
> >
> > xine was it, but ogle does onscreen menuing. I prefer ogle, but
> > that's just one man's opinion.
>
> Well, the RPM of xine I build contains both the additionnal css
> plugin to read encrypted DVDs and the "NAV" plugin that reuses code
> from Ogle to get menu navigation... but it's still working far from
> perfectly.
>
> Matthias
Sure Mathias, I've used your *.rpm and it's the biz ;)  But in effect,
ogles menus are picture perfect, with the decss at the same time. with
xine, you have to select which to use, ogle just does the menus
automaticly and plays the vid when you click the screen, no fuss no
muss. It works for me as well as windvd or powerdvd in windows ever
did. I could send some screenshots. . . .just kidding folks.
--
dTd
Daniel T. Drea