Syslogd - Remote reception on syslog server

Title: Message
Problem:
I can not receive syslog messages from my routers sent to a syslog server (RedHat 7.2)

Items Checked:
- Firewall ipchains & iptables not running.
- Port 514 is listed in services file under unix domain
- the Syslog options have the -r and remote receptions and ps -ax reports the option.
- nothing in hosts.deny or hosts.allow files
there is entries in hosts files for routers
- sniffer sees traffic direct to attended machine
- version 1.4.1-8 is in use
- formats of log messages are standard
- syslog.conf is configure to receive messages and directed to correct log file

Test Performed:
I have another Linux box (slackware) that I am trying to migrate to a new machine (redhat). With the slackware box I can receive log files from all of my routers and of course with my redhat machine I can not. The only difference in syslog between the boxes is sysklogd version 1.3 is being used on slackware box.

Resolutions:
Nothing, but to ask you guys??????

Thanks,

Bill Faircloth