Re: rexecd problem

>hello
>i am trying to get the rexecd working on an enigma box with no luck. rsh and
>rlogin work but rexec locks up. the logs give no error messages and there
>are no timeouts. i have configured the pam authorisations, removed the
>firewall, put the appropriates in securetty. in general opened the box wider
>than a ....... ive run out of ideas. if anyone has had a similar problem and
>knows how to fix it please let me know.

You are playing with fire with all of these programs. Might as well be
using telnetd. Are you doing anything that you could not do securly using
ssh or stunnel and expect or an executable script?

--
Keith Mastin       BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    Toronto    M4G 3V5     http://www.beechtree.ca