From: Alexander Boese [mailto:ucfirefly yahoo com]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 2:46 PM
To: enigma-list redhat com
Subject: RE: DNS / router / linux ???

True. The linux server on our internal network has not
been able to reply to dns queries properly.

The router does perform the NAT, but I have had a
successful 2000 DNS server serve to the outside
network through the very same router.

The router is a per port Nat translater. That is, it
can map internal machines to specific outside port
ranges. I realize that DNS uses 53 but in some
instances it also uses a random port above 1023 (?) or
so.

=====