syslog routing of messages to files

Hello,

I set up a RH Linux box (7.2) to be a syslog server.

When I get messages in from the Cisco router they are all going into the
/var/log/messages file.  The messages are coming in over UDP port 514.

Is there a way to hav ethe system (linux) box route these messages to a
separate file rather then the /var/log/messages file.  I looked in
/etc/syslog.conf but couldn't figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

stew