Re: telnet/pop3 question

I know this may be a simple suggestion, but I had the same exact problem.
My issue was I had zone alarm running. shut it down and it worked fine.

**DAN**

|--------+---------------------------->
|        |          "Dave Miller"     |
|        |          <mr dad att net>  |
|        |          Sent by:          |
|        |          enigma-list-admin@|
|        |          redhat.com        |
|        |                            |
|        |                            |
|        |          10/04/02 01:13 PM |
|        |          Please respond to |
|        |          enigma-list       |
|        |                            |
|--------+---------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |      To:     "ENIQMA" <enigma-list redhat com>                                                                                              |
  |      cc:                                                                                                                                    |
  |      Subject:     telnet/pop3 question                                                                                                      |

I am trying to debug using a pop3 mail reader (Outlook)
on a PC to read mail on my LINUX 7.2 machine
on my home network. Here is what is in my services file:

# grep pop3 /etc/services
pop3    110/tcp    pop-3    # POP version 3
pop3    110/udp    pop-3
pop3s       995/tcp             # POP-3 over SSL
pop3s       995/udp             # POP-3 over SSL

All of the hardware networking is OK since telnet to192.168.100.104
from the PC works, but when I try port 110, I get:

>telnet 192.168.100.104 110
Connecting To 192.168.100.104...Could not open connection to the host, on
port 110: Connect failed

I suspect this is the problem, but need a suggestion wht port 110 is
refused.

Thanks, Dave

---