Re: RH 7.2 wrong fdisk on Compaq Smart Array.

> Hi all,
>
> Probably I am wrong , but when I try to install
> RH 7.2 on a compaq proliant server (I tried both
> 1850R and 6400R) with SmartArray 221 or 3200,
> the fdisk always shows that Start and
> End cylinders as 1. So I can not partition the
> array. I have 4x18G drives in RAID 5
>
> The RAID array is detected correctly in RH 7.1
> and RH 7.3.
>
> Any advice to circumvent the above problem is
> highly appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> Thomas Joseph

No helpfull answer here - but a question out of curiosity ...

Now, I'm curious ... what's so special about 7.2?
Since you are installing - why not use 7.3?
Your boss only want's 7.2?
Or some software only works with 7.2?

I'd suggest to go with 7.3 - but I obviously do not know
why you want 7.2

--
-Cheers
-Andrew

MS ... if only he hadn't been hang gliding!