Re: group mail software

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Hailong Li wrote:

> Hi there,
> I am using sendmail and the OS is RedHat 7.2 now, I would like to send email
> to groups instead of typing everyone's email address, for example, we join this
> enigma-list redhat com, after we send email to this address, everyone who joined
> this group will receive it.
> Does anyone know what software can make it happen?

I'm not sure that I completely understand your question.

If you are asking how to set up a mailing-list exactly like the
enigma-list then you could use Mailman
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman.html

If you just want to be able to send an email to a group of people
simultaneously then you can use the abilities of most MUAs to store a list
of email addresses by a handy name  (e.g. in Pine you can create a list in
the address book
http://www.washington.edu/pine/tutorial.4/index.html#Addressbook ) and
then a single email to this "handy name" will go to all included in the
list.

Oisin Feeley