scs1 hell

Howdy All,

OK , so I'm a dumb 47 year old. That said I am having much grief
getting
a rh7.2 setup working with an adaptec 29160 scsi controller and a
single
seagate scsi drive.

I have gone to the adaptec site and low and behold there are the
drivers
( in a variety of formats ) for the little beasty.

As I am using an athlon processor I download the appropriate file
which
is a compressed disk image of the driver. No problems he says with
glee .
I uncompress/decompress ( Ummm )   the file and you guessed it I am
left
with a aic79xx-something.img file which is bigger that a floppy !!!

How does one deal with  .img files in getting them onto a floppy, so
that
I can start the install in expert mode and load the appropriate driver
??

I thought perhaps I should simply copy it to a floppy ( renaming in
the
process ) but if the img file is 1.47 meg it makes one think that this
is
NOT the way to handle this type of file.

I am trying to do a clean install from cd's , and getting the correct
driver for the scsi card is proving to be a challenge.

Does rh7.3 have the newer aic79xx driver on the cd's , by default ??
If
so the  answer is obvious. UPGRADE. ( I don't have a copy of 7.3 to
check
).

Any help suggestions gratefully accepted ( already had one from piece
from George Gallen who pointed me in the right direction, thanks
George ,
).

Regards

--