Re: help on mgetty on redhat7.2 dial-in server

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 09:23:08AM +0800, arvinboy wrote:
> hi guys,
>            i have some inquiry with mgetty but first i will show you my
> configurations!
> 1.)/etc/ppp/options
>                         - asyncmap 0
>                         -netmask 255.255.255.0
>                         -proxyarp
>                         -lock
>                         -crtscts
>                         -modem
>                         -login
> 2.)/etc/ppp/options.ttyS0
>        -192.168.1.100:192.168.1.200
> 3.)/etc/ppp/options.ttyS1
>        -193.168.1.100:193.168.1.200
> 4.)/etc/ppp/pap-secrets
>  client        server     secret
>   test             *            test
> 5.)/etc/mgetty-sendfax/login.config
>    -/AutoPPP/ -      -/usr/sbin/pppd
>
> This are my clarification and my current problem:
> 1.) Is there any problem with my sample configurations?
> 2.) Although this is already a working configuration. and now my big
> problem is why is it that even when i used a wrong login id and password
>
> which is non existent in my pap-secrets profiles, they can  still login.
>
> why this happen, is it a bug from mgetty? i'm using an rpm
> mgetty-1.1.26-6
>
> hope you can help me and sorry for this long message...
>
> arvin
Well one problem you don't seem to be asking for pap authentication so I would
not expect pap-secrets to be effective;
In /etc/ppp/options you need a +pap line
and the /etc/mgetty-sendfax/login.config
should have a line more like:
/AutoPPP/ -     a_ppp   /usr/sbin/pppd auth -chap +pap -detach login
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
715 Stadium Dr.