-----Original Message-----
From: enigma-list-admin redhat com
[mailto:enigma-list-admin redhat com]On Behalf Of George Gallen
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 4:10 PM
To: 'Enigma List'
Subject: clear the routing table? Routing question

Is there a way to clear the routing table?

I would like to put in my rc.local a script that will
   clear the routing table
   then assign the routes I want

Trying to get it assigned automatically isn't going well
   As I'm running into gateway and default problems

I didn't see a clear table in the man of route.

George

Basically...

I have nic#1 at 192.168.1.200
         nic#2 at 10.10.155.29
         slip    at 10.10.155.24

Both nics share the same hub, which is connected via a crossover cable
  to a router/firewall to the internet (192.168.1.1).

I have packet forwarding turned on to bridge nic#1 and nic#2 and slip
   but when the default gw's get automatically setup, things don't work
   as expected. Once I play around and get my routes the way I want them
   basically, I'm going to write them down.

It would be nice to be able to just clear the table, and add in the
routes
that
I know work for what I need.

George

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division
ggallen slackinc com
ph:856.848.1000 Ext 220

SLACK Incorporated - An innovative information, education and management
company
http://www.slackinc.com