Re: quota question (repost)

Apparently the answer I've posted yesterday got lost... or maybe I've missed
it somehow. So here it is again, apologies if you receive it twice.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:53:38 +0100 (CET)
From: Antonio Galea <ant9000 netwise it>
To: enigma-list redhat com
Subject: Re: quota question

Steps to follow for enabling quota:

1. create the data files:

touch /var/aquota.user
touch /var/aquota.group

2. add the option 'quota' to /var in /etc/fstab, for instance change

LABEL=/var              /var                    ext3    defaults        1 2

LABEL=/var              /var                    ext3    defaults,quota  1 2

3. remount the filesystem and scan it for quota usage:

mount -o remount /var
quotacheck -vug /var

4. enable quota:

quotaon /var

At boot, the system runs quotacheck and quotaon on every partition marked with
the quota option in /etc/fstab/.

To report about quota usage, use 'repquota'; to actually set the limits, use
'setquota'; to turn off quota, 'quotaoff'.

That's all there is to it... RAID makes no difference at all.

Ant9000

Dr. Antonio Galea       N e t   W i s e                 http://www.netwise.it
Sviluppo tecnico     Tecnologie per il Web    Tel 0461.421016 Fax 0461.426021
Microsoft says it will run in 16 megs.
But they have a different meaning for the word "run" than I do.