Collaboration

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 22:53:50 UTC 2007

On 4/29/07, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Tim Jackson wrote:

> And before you say "that's in the past, bury the past and life in the
> present". Well, that's pretty hard if the Fedora past has killed the
> RPMforge's (and other repo's) presence wrt. Fedora packages and the
> Fedora past is repeating itself as we speak. The past is pretty current.

Well at some point, we are going to have to live in the present.. but
that just means we have to verify that errors in the past do not get
made again. The number of incompatibilities will grow as long as
people keep thinking there is some conspiracy on one side or the
other.

What I see happening is about the same as I see on the playground. We
have some 5th graders who have been playing on the field for the
longest time and feel some ownership of it... and we have 100+
kindergarteners who were just allowed out for the first time. The 5th
graders know not to kick the ball into Mr Okillabuddy's yard and they
have their own rules of who gets what corner and what toy so they dont
get into fights with each other. The kindergarteners are used to
playing on their toy lots which used to be the 5th graders a while
back. At this rate, its going to be detention for everyone.