EPEL report week 31 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Aug 8 16:30:06 UTC 2007

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Reports/Week31
(sorry, a bit late this time; was quite busy at work and a family visit)

= Weekly EPEL Summary =

Week 31/2007

== Most important happenings ==

 * Noting major

== EPEL SIG Meeting ==

=== Attending ===

>From the Steering Committee:

 * dgilmore (DennisGilmore)
 * nirik (KevinFenzi) (vacation)
 * mmcgrath (MikeMcGrath)
 * quaid (KarstenWade)

Missing from the Steering Committee:

 * Jeff_S (Jeff Sheltren)
 * knurd (ThorstenLeemhuis)
 * stahnma (MichaelStahnke)

Others that participated the meeting: warren, rsc

=== Summary ===

 * what did everyone think of how things have gone since the announcement?

  * we probably should have a link on the front page of fp.o and
fp.o/wiki; or perhaps a epel.fedoraproject.org cname?

  * some discussions about collecting and publishing statistics

 * branch for EPEL if Fedora maintainer does not react

  * more discussions on the list

 * new push scripts for pushing to testing, adjust mock configs to use

  * dgilmore will take care of it

  * security will need manual handling; nirik is willing to help

 * EPEL announcement happened -- what next?

  * nirik> | more packages, more maintainers, more users. ;)

  * nirik> | if we could move to koji at some point and bodhi that would
be good... dgilmore> | needs to be done but requires coders

  * dgilmore> | does anyone have ideas on how to get more packages in
EPEL? nirik> | I have some more I am going to do, but haven't had
time... hopefully soon I will get munin in and possibly will look at
Xfce (matching the centos extra versions so we don't conflict if possible)

=== Full Log ===

https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-August/msg00014.html

== Stats ==

=== General ===

Number of EPEL Contributors 6

We welcome 6 new contributors: chris_AT_chrisgrau.com
james.antill_AT_redhat.com jhrozek_AT_redhat.com
mccann0011_AT_hotmail.com smilner_AT_redhat.com tmraz_AT_redhat.com

=== EPEL 5 ===

Number of source packages: 510

Number of binary packages:  938

There are 26 new Packages:

 * bacula | Cross platform network backup for Linux, Unix, Mac and Windows
 * cairomm | Cairomm is the C++ API for the cairo graphics library
 * cfitsio | Library for manipulating FITS data files
 * fping | Scriptable, parallelized ping-like utility
 * freetds | Implementation of the TDS (Tabular DataStream) protocol
 * gtkmm24 | C++ interface for GTK2 (a GUI library for X)
 * irssi | Modular text mode IRC client with Perl scripting
 * iverilog | Icarus Verilog is a verilog compiler and simulator
 * nail | Enhanced implementation of the mailx command
 * net6 | A TCP protocol abstraction for library C++
 * obby | A library which provides synced document buffers
 * octave | A high-level language for numerical computations
 * perl-AnyData | Easy access to data in many formats
 * perl-Apache-LogRegex | Parse a line from an Apache logfile into a hash
 * perl-Cache-Mmap | Shared data cache using memory mapped files
 * perl-Class-Accessor | Automated accessor generation
 * perl-Class-Data-Inheritable | Inheritable, overridable class data
 * perl-Clone | Recursively copy perl datatypes
 * perl-CPAN-DistnameInfo | CPAN::DistnameInfo Perl module
 * perl-MIME-Types | MIME types module for Perl
 * perl-Module-CoreList | Perl core modules indexed by perl versions
 * perl-Test-Tester | Ease testing test modules built with Test::Builder
 * perl-UNIVERSAL-require | Require() modules from a variable
 * perl-XML-XPath | XPath parser and evaluator for Perl
 * timidity++ | A software wavetable MIDI synthesizer.
 * wxGTK | GTK2 port of the wxWidgets GUI library

=== EPEL 4 ===

Number of source packages: 313

Number of binary packages:  621

There are 18 new Packages:

[...]
 * svnmailer | Tool to post subversion repository commit information
 * timidity++ | A software wavetable MIDI synthesizer.

----
["CategoryEPELReports"]