[RFC] job description

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 18:43:12 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 13:07 -0500, Michael Stahnke wrote:
> > The EPEL project synchronizes packages with specific release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. >To maintain an EPEL package, you must help maintain the synchronization against at least >the one specific version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. You can do this using Red Hat's build >or any other build, such as CentOS.
> >
> We may want to say or Red Hat derrived build.  Ubuntu Server and such
> won't quite work with EPEL.  I am not sure how than can be worded
> safely though.

Well, the wording I originally wrote assumes knowledge of the relation
between RHEL and derivative/repackaging distributions.  Obviously a bad
assumption, feel free to correct it and move on.  There really isn't a
concern about safe wording.  If you think it matters, include that there
is not requirement to support non-RHEL-based distros (such as Debian
derivatives, Gentoo derivatives, etc.)

- Karsten
--
        Karsten Wade              ^     Fedora Documentation Project
    quaid.fedorapeople.org        |          gpg key: AD0E0C41